5-12 Year-Olds After School and Summer Care
A Safe Place to Learn and Play . . .
Children in this age group need a safe, happy place after school and during the summer, where they can get healthy meals and snacks, get help with homework, and play with friends. And they need constant supervision from trustworthy adults who care about them.
ABC Son Shine School is a safe, fun place for children to learn and playPine Tree ISD buses bring students right to ABC Son Shine School, where we welcome them and meet all of these needs so you can feel confident about your child’s care and well-being.
- Our highly-qualified teachers are licensed and continue to receive 30 hours of ongoing training each year.
- Teachers are trained and certified by the Texas School Readiness Program.
- All staff members are trained and certified in CPR.
- All staff members must pass a background check, including fingerprinting through three government databases.
- Most importantly, all staff members must demonstrate a pattern of living and caring for children that aligns with our mission.
Nurturing and Care
- Nutritious meals and snacks: breakfast 8:30 – 9:00, lunch 11:30 – 12:00, afternoon snack 3:00 – 3:30, 1% milk, and water
- Safety procedures: Detailed Emergency Preparedness Plan, booboo reports (accidents happen), monthly weather, safety and safety drills along with seasonal safety and health visitors
- Lots of hugs and encouragement
- We meet or exceed all requirements and standards.
- We are a Texas Rising Star Texas Certified Quality Child Care Provider.
- Indoor and outdoor play, including an outdoor garden
- Holiday parties
- Special visitors
- Field trips
- Wide variety of art projects
Benefits for Your Child
- Constant supervision ensures a safe environment for your child to learn and play.
- Transportation is provided directly from Pine Tree ISD schools to ABC Son Shine School.
- Learning development—Individualized help with homework and learning.
- Children broaden their knowledge through field trips and special visitors.
- Technological skill—Children have supervised opportunities to use computers for learning and fun.
- Social and emotional development—Children play and interact with friends and teachers in constructive ways.
- Moral development—Bible stories and activities teach Christian values and morals. Children learn how to apply what they have learned to their own life situations.
- ABC Son Shine School is a safe, happy, fun environment for your child!
- We are conveniently located in the Pine Tree area of Longview, Texas.